"As a writer, your only duty is to be original, to inspire, to put something new on paper. Don’t be reasonable – your job is to to fire up people’s imaginations, to give them permission to dream, and to lift their heads up to the incredible sight of the stars. They may forget what you wrote about – but they won’t forget how you made them feel.Honestly, I couldn't have said it better myself.
It’s your turn now. Dream, be unreasonable."
-Ben von Burg
However, I'm a bit underwhelmed at the moment, having read the following statistics yesterday (via Trapdoor Books blog):
- Generally, 80% of US households did not buy or read a book last year
- 70% of US adults have not been in a bookstore in the past 5 years
- 42% of college graduates never read another book after college
- 1/3 of high school graduates never read a book for the rest of their lives
- 57% of new books are not read to completion
Why do you want to write books?
If you enjoyed this post, please Follow this Blog or use the subscribe button (below) to receive updates.